Sunday 30 March 2014

Lots of Buttons

Hello!

Well, I didn't get the crafty time that I was hoping for this weekend.  Between a cinema party for my eldest's 11th birthday and visiting my parents for Mother's Day....I kind of ran out of time :)

However, I always like to play along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which, this week is to add buttons to your card.  I don't often add buttons as embellishments - I love pearls, gems, twine etc but never seem to get round to adding buttons.  However, I still seem to have loads of them!

Rather than adding a button to my card, I have used a button stamp from the Hero Arts, Not Perfect set to create a background:

 
I used a dress form die from Spellbinders cut out several times from text paper and stacked up.  It is covered with glossy accents but that doesn't really show up here.  The dress form is stuck on to an oval die cut from pink vellum with some 'messy' gold thread behind it.  It needed the vellum as the dress form was lost against the button background.   The sentiment is from Hero Arts, OWH Year Round Sentiments set.
 
I hope that having a button background will work for the SSS challenge!
 
I hope that you had a good weekend.  See you soon :)
 
Sarah x
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think your stamped buttons was such a great idea! I love the color combo...in fact, I think it looks like expensive designer paper! Love your gold thread and the softness of the pink vellum, too...just beautiful, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use buttons very often either because they are so bulky for mailing. You found the perfect solution - use a button stamp (which I don't own)! Love the vellum oval, text paper and gold thread! I think you could send this over to CAS-ual Fridays where they want to see ovals!

    ReplyDelete