Wednesday 16 April 2014

A Blog Named Hero Challenge #42

Hello!

It is a lovely sunny day here leading up to the Easter weekend.  I hope you are enjoying some spring sunshine too :)

There is a new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero to use layers/dimension on your card. 
http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.co.uk/

I didn't need more of an excuse to get my stencils and embossing paste out - everyone is going mad for stencils at the moment!  I love the range of techniques that you can use with them from embossing paste to inking, spraying, dry embossing....they are a very cost effective way to add texture and interest to your cards.  And there are so many fab stencils coming on to the market at the moment so there is a lot of choice :)

Here is the card that I made for the challenge:

 
I used Hero Arts number stencil with white paste and then covered it with silver glitter - it is a party on a card!  I stamped a white tag with HA's Tiny Flags in Wet Cement and then covered with a vellum tag on which I silver embossed the sentiments from the set called Yay!.  I silver embossed the main sentiment on white card.  I really like all of the silvers and greys and figure there are about 5 layers on this card including the grey mat, embossed card, two layer tag and main sentiment!!
 
I will also play along with two other challenges with this card - Virginia's View Challenge #2 and the Hero Arts Sketch Challenge using Sketch #2.
 
I hope you will check out the DT's cards for the Layer Cake Challenge - remember there is a prize from our great sponsor, Simon Says Stamp!
 

 
See you over at ABNH!
 
Sarah x
 

6 comments:

  1. Just saw this over in the Flickr pool and had to stop by to see it again! It's absolutely gorgeous, Sarah! Love every inch of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with all the silver goodness!!! The glitter and metallic design are simply BEAUTIFUL, Sarah!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love how you added glitter to your paste. I didn't know you had started a blog! Good for you! Fun isn't it? I think I'm going to stay with blogger for now until they force the google plus thing I guess. I'm too lazy to move right now. LOL. Thanks for your comment on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layering on this card, Sarah! I love all the sparkle on the numbers and your tag is so pretty! Gorgeous monochromatic color palette, too! I knew you were going to be a 'Rock Star' at ABNH...and you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card...love the look....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete