Thursday 17 April 2014

More Stencils

Hello!

I have been playing with more stencils this week - I think that I need to step away from them :)  I have two cards to share with you.

 
I have used clear embossing paste on this stencil (I think it is Heidi Swapp) and then inked over it with Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw and Antique Linen distress inks.  I splattered a bit of water to add to the distressed look.  I have used my new butterfly stamp from Hero Arts, white embossed on vellum over a watercoloured base.  I have gold embossed the sentiment from HA's Messages with Flourish on vellum.  This will be my last card playing along with Virginia's View Challenge!
 
My second card is made using a chevron stencil from Simon Says Stamp which I have embossed with black paste.  I cut it up and combined with gold embossed sentiments from Hero Art's Yay set.  Stamped stars and a few sequins to finish. 
 
 
I hope you like them.  Thanks for stopping by :)
 
Sarah x
 

11 comments:

  1. Two awesome cards, Sarah! That butterfly one is so soft and pretty! And your second card is wonderful too - so trendy, and I love the colors! Gorgeous creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first card is so beautiful and soft! The second one is very cool and I love the texture of the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 2 gorgeous cards showcase how versatile stencils are, thanks for you visit to my blog too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards, love the first, soft colours and such a pretty butterfly! Your next card is really great! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go again, Sarah! All of your stencil work have been brilliant! I have loved each and very one of them!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love the soft colors on your first one...such a great idea to ink the butterfly to match your background, and I really love the chevrons on your 2nd card! Black and gold is such a fabulous color combo, too! You did an amazing job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, no, don't step away! Your cards are fabulous - love the soft pink and yellow, and the black/gold one is so funky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on being a winner today on Virginia's stencil challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No you don't --- keep on playing with your stencils, these are both amazing cards! You're so great with them...why walk away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO going to be CASEing your 1st card soon! SO gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your well deserved HM at Virginia's Challenge, Sarah! Your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete