Sunday 11 May 2014

Gold

Hello!

Popping by with a quick card for the current CASology Challenge with the Cue Card - Metal.  I wasn't very imaginative and just went with gold elements:

 
I wanted to make a card with my new stamps from Winnie and Walter - love that font!  I gold embossed a honeycomb heart from Simon Says Stamp on vellum and added some stitching with gold thread.  I sponged gold ink through a Memory Box stencil on each corner of the card base to provide a bit of interest.
 
The stitching means that I can play along one more time with Virginia's View Challenge!
 
While I am here I can also share another card that I have made inspired by the Watercolour Class for Cardmaker - specifically Day 3/4 Watercolour Stamping. 
 
 
 
I used distress markers on the Hero Arts palm stamp and spritzed generously with water.  Finished with a large sentiment from HA - I can't remember which set it comes from!
 
I hope you like them - thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x

9 comments:

  1. love how you designed your "love" card and the watercolored palm is so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,your cards are both gorgeous! Love the design of the first card. The little bits of clustered gold and the stitched heart.,beautiful! Your watercolor is also a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the honeycomb on vellum and the gold stitching on the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how gorgeous is that stitched heart card, Sarah! Love love the gold stitches and placements of the elements! SEW glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your butterfly is so pretty, Sarah! I love the honeycomb pattern and your stitching is the perfect touch! I also love your sentiment...just ordered it and can't wait to play :-)
    Your water colored fern is also really beautiful and your design is lovely! It's always fun to stop by to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, love the layer beneath, and wonderful stitching! Thanks so much for adding this lovely to the CASology gallery this week, I sure hope you are inspired to join us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards! Love how you carried the honeycomb through from the heart to the background, and I love the depth of colour on the ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards! The stitching really works on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your well deserved HM at CASology, Sarah ~ Woot!!!

    ReplyDelete