Sunday 4 May 2014

Kraft - ing

Hello!

How has your weekend been?  Just popping with a few cards that I have made playing with kraft card....I love the texture and colour that it gives but don't use it very often.

First up is a card that I have made using Hero Arts (new to me) Five Line background:

 
I white embossed on kraft and clear embossed on black - it gives a lovely crisp look.  The tag is a HA die cut and I inked through their numbers stencil.  The sentiment is from HA's Heyday Sentiments on the Mama Elephant die cut banner.
 
I will play along with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes and also with Hero Art's sketch challenge - sketch #2
 
Next I made this:
 
 
I stamped the fab button stamp from Hero Arts Not Perfect stamp set.  I thought it would be fun to add a stitch to the middle button which means I can play along with Virginia's View May Challenge.  I love seeing stitching on other people's cards but it isn't something I have ever done myself...I might try something a bit more ambitious before the end of the challenge :)
 
I hope you like them.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Two lovely creations Sarah - love the embossings on the first card - and the buttons are so cute on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are so great, Sarah - especially love the first one - the numbers on black tag are so effective!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! So glad that you come to play, Sarah! That is a genius idea and design for stitching, SWEET and perfectly CAS! Love it so much! So try playing some more...I bet you'll like stitching more on cards! Thanks for playing Virginia's View Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you're having fun playing with your new stamps, Sarah! I love all the crisp clean lines on your first card...love the black tag so much, too! Such fun buttons on your 2nd card and the color combo is so pretty! I'm sure you're going to enjoy all of your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these, great use of kraft paper! I love the background on the first card (white on kraft always looks so amazing imo!), and the grunge buttons on the 2nd card are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both very cute! Love your chalkboard tag! Thanks so much for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards, Sarah! Love the ghost stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see your card on Hero Arts blog and wanna jump to your blog to see it real..and its really a great..I love the background embossing in white and the tag also and cute banner..love the concept on your card..crisp and adorable...I think I see a winner here...

    I am joining also Hero Arts challenge with the sketch number 3 maybe you would like to see it on my blog? Would be glad if you could leave me some love too..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete