Monday 5 May 2014

Purple

Hello!

I have made a card for a few challenges:



The current challenge from the Card Concept is monochromatic purple which is a colour I struggle with so it was a real challenge for me:)  I have used 3 shades of purple - milled lavender, dusty concord and seedless preserve and so can play along with Less Is More's colour challenge to use 3 shades of one colour. I have also used the layout from the fabulous Virginia Lu's inspiration card at Time Out.  Finally I will link up at A2Z's blog where the theme is How Does Your Garden Grow.

I have used Hero Arts Leaf Cluster stamps and a sentiment from Year Round Sentiments along with Hero Art's butterfly die. I masked and inked the strip before stamping the leaves.  The butterfly was die cut from cardstock coloured with distress stains and covered with some Wink of Stella for some glimmer.  A few sequins to finish.

I will play along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.

I hope you like it :)

Bye for now, Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Sarah - a lovely masked border and the delicate butterfly adds a real statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely Sarah - I find purple really difficult also - you did a super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and a beautiful butterfly!
    Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Sarah! I love how you used the leaf cluster stamp for the tone on tone look!

    Thanks so much for joining our Linky Party at a2z Scrapbooking!

    Elizabeth Campau
    a2z Scrapbooking Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty technique - I love the softness of your colours! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty in purple Sarah! Love the tone on tone stamping. Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah -- this card is so me and I absolutely LOVE everything about it. I love that it's Purple, of course, I love the CAS style and design and I also love the fabulous die cut butterfly....it's one beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing in our first "Linky Party" over at our new a2z Scrapbooking blog. It's a pleasure to know you and I'm so excited that you played along! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful inking! And a great design with the beautiful butterfly! Thank you for taking the Time Out and join us, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! Love the gradient border, and that butterfly is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card, Sarah! I love how you masked and blended your inks for your border and the butterfly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry that my visit is SO late, a new laptop and getting to know new systems slowed me up somewhat!
    This is super Sarah, I love monochrome palettes.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete