Friday 16 May 2014

Watercolour Stamping

Hello!

I am just popping in to share a card that I have made by stamping with gelatos to try out the technique that Shari Carroll demonstrated on Day 4 of the OCC Watercolour for Cardmakers - yes, that is how far behind I am with my homework!

 
I used Hero Art's lovely Silhouette Grasses stamp.  I covered the stamp with different  colours of gelato and spritzed liberally with water - this is the second impression.  I watercoloured and splattered around the image to give it more depth.  I gold embossed the sentiment on vellum.
 
Do you like it?  I was quite pleased with my first attempt at stamping with gelatos!
 
Thanks for your visit :)
 
Sarah x

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how this turned out, Sarah! Beautiful stamping with the Gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just lovely, Sarah - i love it! i struggle with gelatos - maybe more water and second generation stamping is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! A piece of art! I have that stamp and might try it out! I am also that far behind so you are not alone! My stamping with Gelatos didn't come out as good as yours. Haven't made a card with it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely sublime, Sarah! I love the colors that you chose and how you created your beautiful background! Love your gold sentiment on vellum, too...it's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty, Sarah. I love those colors and how they blend together. The splatters are a fantastic touch and that embossed sentiment on vellum adds such elegance. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is nice -- I've found it hard to get a good watercolor impression with this stamp. I do find that the second impression is often better than the first.

    ReplyDelete