Saturday 24 May 2014

Wet and Wild

Hello!

It is really wet and miserable here this weekend....and I have taken refuge in my craftroom :)

Given the wet weather it seemed like a good idea to make a card for the current challenge over at Keep It Simple - Maritime!

 
I used the large Simon Says Stamp stripes background white embossed in the background and a new stitched tag die from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  The sentiment is from WPlus9 and I think the anchor die is from Simon as well, I stacked up a few together for a bit of dimension.  I love the patterned paper which is from a 6x6 Dear Lizzy paper pad that I picked up on sale the other day.  The mint and navy colour scheme is lovely :)  Nothing very complicated but I like how it has turned out......
 
My second card to share is one I made whilst I had the navy cardstock out.  I have used a sketch from the Hero Arts Challenge which finishes tomorrow....I have used sketch #3:
 
 
I have used the gorgeous Constellation Background from Hero Arts clear embossed on the dark blue card.  The star and sentiment are silver embossed and from HA's Written in the Stars set.  They work so well together :)  Some silver sequins, thread and American Crafts glitter tape to finish.
 
Both cards feature embossing - remember the current challenge at A Blog Named Hero:
 
 
There is still time to enter and there are prizes from both Simon Says Stamp and Mama Elephant up for grabs!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Sarah x
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Sarah both of these cards are so cool--love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards, Sarah - love the mint and navy scheme on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on the first card, and the second one is perfect for graduations. Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are simply amazing! lovely combination of elements!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you embossed the stripes on your first card, and the color combo is so pretty, Sarah! Your second card is amazing...I love the tone on tone stars, the looped thread, and your sparkly silver panel! I think it's perfect for both genders, and spot on for the HA sketch challenge...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you made good use of the not so fabulous weather Sarah! Gorgeous cards :) So glad you played along @ Keep It Simple!

    ReplyDelete