Sunday 13 July 2014

A Few Cards

Hello!

We have had a hectic weekend with scooter parties, football presentations and shopping for my eldest's prom outfit - who knew boys could be so fussy!  I did manage to squeeze in a few cards along the way and here they are:

 
This card was made with the sweet panda set from Mama Elephant with a touch of colouring with Spectrum Noir pencils. I am linking this card up with CASology's Challenge based on the cue card - Glow.  The glow from the lamp, glitter tape and sequins reflect the theme.
 
 Next I wanted to play along with the new Tag You're It Challenge - particularly as the inspiration tag was made by Virginia Lu.  Here is my take:
 
 
 
I cut a stitched tag using my Waltzingmouse Stamps die and the hello die cut is from Papertrey Inks which I stacked up with a couple of layers.  The circle stamps are from Uniko Studio.  I hope that you can see that I was inspired by the colour combo and the die cut word from Virginia's designs!
 
Thanks as always for stopping by - I hope you have had a great weekend :)
 
I'm off to check out the Altenew blog hop - so excited about their next release!
 
Bye for now, Sarah x
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Sarah, your cards are both adorable! I love the glow of the lantern held by the sweet pandas...so cute! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bears are so cute and love the gold, glittery strip along the edge! Your second card is fabulous too! Love the design, Sarah - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the sparkle on your first card, Sarah! The bears are adorable, and I love how you created a glow from your lantern...very clever take on the cue card! Your 2nd card is so pretty! Your sentiment really pops, and the striped circles create an awesome background!
    I can't believe you have a son old enough to go to Prom...you look so young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute Sarah! Loveo the glow of the lantern. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your first card is so sweet -- I love it!
    And your second card is wonderful -- what a great take on Virginia's tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The panda card is so cute and I love what you did with the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your panda card is adorable! And I love how your tag blends into your card, and you used Virginia's colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both cards--especially your card for CASology. That lamp has a wonderful glow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, your tag card is DELIGHTFUL! I am so happy that you are able to be inspired from my little tags! I love the clean and crisp look! Having teenagers in the house is part of the fun, huh? ENJOY :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have my sympathies with prom shopping !! Your cards are gorgeous- I really love the first one- such a fab design! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh dear, LOVE your tag card. The fabulous line of graphic circles is perfection. Thank you so much for joining us at the Tag You're It! Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the panda card, but how did you get the arms and leg to bend differently than in the stamp? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete