Sunday 20 July 2014

Weekend Crafting

Hello!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.  I got the chance to make a few cards this afternoon for some challenges that are about to close.


The Cue Card at CASology this week is Pet and I decided to play with my new cute Mama Elephant stamps.  I love the little tortoise looking up at the girl :)  I cut the grass with a Mama Elephant landscape die.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  I die cut some dotty clouds and added a few dots to the girl's dress so that I can also link up at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to use dots and spots.

This CAS one layer card uses the colours from The Card Concept's challenge:


 
I used my Hero Arts Tweed Stencil which picks up the pattern on the bed and a sentiments from the Hero Arts Yay! set.  The stars and sequins pick up the other colours from the inspiration photo.  As it is a one layer card I will also join up with the current challenge over at Hero Arts.  This also qualifies for the clean and simple challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More!.  I will link up to Addicted to CAS where the codeword is Celebrate - thanks, Kylie!
 
I will be back with a few more cards tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Sarah x
 

21 comments:

  1. I think your pet card is adorable. However, the stencilled card is stunning! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how completely different these two cards are but they're both fabulous! I love that sweet scene you created on the first card and the fading stenciling on the second card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are always crisp, clean and really gorgeous, Sarah! I love how you created the scene with your little ME girl...love your fun polka dot clouds, too! Beautiful stenciling on your OLC...I love how the soft color fades off, and that your sequins and stars are trailing off as well...so clever!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, look at that sweet little turtle and those sweet dottie clouds! Such a sweet scene! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet Sarah! Love those clouds... So dreamy! Do you have an email address I can contact you on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 fab cards. I love the use of the enamel dots in the first one and the placement of all elements in the second is perfect. Greta CAS style x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops and thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome CAS card, you've def nailed it. Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to have a pet turtle so that cutie is great for the challenge. I was thinking along the same lines for the Card Concept challenge but couldn't get beyond the stenciling. You finished it off in grand style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous little pet card Sarah, love the cute tortoise :D A very cool card for Hero Arts, love them both :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Sarah. Super pretty cards. Love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it -- how the pattern fades away, the bling -- it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. CAS Perfection. The colours rock and so does your design. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    Your card should also be entered over at Addicted to CAS - code word Celebrate. www.addictedtocas.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cool background effect you've created with the soft stencilling! Great use of challenge colours. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  15. these cards are so sweet :) and i just love that new mama elephant set! thank you so much for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two FABulous cards :) Love the cute tortoise and the crisp CAS design of the second. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your HM for this card at Addicted to Stamps and More. I totally understand why it was picked, its CAS perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay, Sarah! Congratulations on the HM honor at ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah, this is a wonderful card? I love the stencilled background and the fab large black font. Very striking x

    ReplyDelete
  20. AND from ATCAS!! Go you, Sarah!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete