Thursday 17 July 2014

Time Out Guest Designer!

Hello!

There is a new challenge over at the Time Out Challenge and I am so excited to be a guest designer this time :)

The challenge is a fab photo inspiration:


Isn't it lovely!  There are so many patterns and design elements to work with.  Here's my take:



I was inspired by the broad stripes in the background, the feathers hanging from the tent and the patterns - I thought the triangle pattern reflects the bunting.  The feather dies are from My Favourite Things, the wide stripe stamp from Simon Says Stamp and sentiment is from Mama Elephant.  I think the patterned paper is from Dear Lizzy.

I hope you like my effort and look forward to seeing what you come up with!  The Time Out Design Team have some great inspiration to get you started.

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Sarah x

11 comments:

  1. We are so pleased to have you as our Guest Designer this week (and our next challenge!) and this is one stunning card.I love the background. I really wanted to go with this but didn't have paper or stamp to do this. And the gold banner holding the feathers really sets off your card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really classy Sarah, great interpretation of the inspiration photo, Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the gold embossed sentiment Sarah! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your card is stunning, Sarah! I love those feathers and the patterns in them! So glad to have you as our guest designer at Time Out (that goes for next week too!) -- it's well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love how you have translated that picture! Those broad green stripes and relationship with the gold sentiment is just perfect. Such a great blend of colours! Congrats on your GD post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to have you Guest Designing with us at TIME OUT and what a stunner you've created for the challenge. LOVE the patterned feathers :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The minute I saw the photo I thought of the exact card you made. Yours is wonderful and I guess I'll have to think of something else. I don't mind CASEing but that would be out right copying. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Sarah! I love your soft colored background, and how you played with your designs on the feathers! Really great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! You must be so excited to be a part of their team. And you certainly showed them you were the perfect guest with this fantabulous card! I love the different patterns of paper you chose for the feathers and that gold embossed sentiment is out of this world. Look forward to your next 'Guest Designer' card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sarah and congrats on your guest spot - your cards are always amazing:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! I was inspired by the same elements from the photo! So glad to have you as our guest this week!

    ReplyDelete