Thursday 11 September 2014

We Three Kings

Hello!

I am starting to get in to the swing of making festive cards - today I have a card for the current CASology challenge where the cue card is Three:

I masked a square from the cardstock panel and created an inked landscape with torn paper and distress inks.  The stamps are from Clarity Stamp and the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted - it has three words in it to continue the CASology theme!  I like how this turned out - do you?


I will also link up at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge which is to create your own backgrounds.

I will put this in as a cheeky entry at Addicted to CAS where the code word is oriental.  Given the Christmas carol says 'we 3 kings of orient are' I guess that they fit in with the oriental theme :)

Finally I will link up at the Merry Monday challenge as the theme this week is transportation - thanks for the tip, Ardyth!  I have never played in this challenge before but it looks really fun and may just keep me on track with my Christmas card making :)

Thanks for stopping by - I really appreciate it....

Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I've been waiting for this interpretation! I would have done it myself - I often use the 3 wisemen on their camels for 'transportation' challenges, too! So glad you joined us at CASology with this beautiful ly sponged card.

      Delete
  2. I really love that you chose the 3 Wise Men for your card! Your background is so pretty, and the colors are just beautiful! Lovely Christmas card, Sarah...and perfect for all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great take on the CASology challenge and fab background...I need to get a move on with the Xmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah! LOVE your interpretation of our code word. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I love it? Yes, I do. The background is fabulous and using the wise men as the three, along with three words is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfectly sponged Sarah, I love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, your card is gorgeous, and just perfect for our oriental theme! What a great way to combine 4 very different challenges!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning background, Sarah, those sand layers are fabulous! Love how the one wise man off the edge of the inked panel adds to the sense of movement! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your background and the scene you have created. So happy to see your card in the Merry Monday link up! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the layout of your card and the scene is great.Joyce Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christmas cards in non-traditional colours and that landscape you created is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful inking, just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way the camel is "off" the egde - very creative card.

    Thanks joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete