Saturday 14 February 2015

Super Hero Shaker

Hello!

I have been meaning to play along with the shaker card challenge at Virginia's View for a couple of weeks and time is fast running out so this was my top crafting priority for the weekend :)

Here is what I came up with using my new super hero stamps from Mama Elephant and a range of Simon Says Stamp supplies:


I stamped and die cut my little super hero and coloured him with Chameleon Pens.  The background was inked with Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans distress inks and I used the SSS star stencil with silver glitter paste.  I die cut the SSS stitched circle in silver mirri to create a frame around the aperture and also die cut the shine sentiment from WPlus9 in the same card.  The You is from SSS.  I filled the aperture with some blue and silver sequins from Doodlebug.

I'm glad that I was finally able to join in the fun at Virginia's View - there are some fantastically creative shakers in the gallery!

I will also link up at SSS Flickr Challenge #12 which is sparkle.  The silver mirri, silver glitter stars and sequins add lots of bling.

I am planning to send the boys out this afternoon so will be sneaking back in to my craftroom later :)

Thanks for your visit and kind comments - they make my day!

Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. This card is lovely Sarah and such a cute image. I love the sequins you have used for the shaker and the stitched SSS circle and sentiment together with the pretty sparkly stars are a pretty combination. Funnily enough my single name was Gray with an 'a', and I haven't come across it that often in blogland before, apart from Barbara Gray here in the UK. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card, Sarah! Your ombre inking is gorgeous and perfect with the silver stars, stitched circle and sentiment! Beautiful coloring on this cute little Super Hero, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny and beautiful shaker card! Love the edge around the shaker part; so original! Hope you had a fun weekend, hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a shaker, Sarah. I love the silver frame around the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Card! Love the ombre blue on the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so behind with my comments but couldn't miss out on letting you know how much I love this shaker card. All that shiny silver and blue totally caught my eye and that little super-hero is so adorable. And you did such a good job with the star stencil, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fabulous, Sarah! The inking and design are so captivating! Well done! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and gorgeous, Sarah ... fab ombré background to that shaker element ... love all that wonderful shimmer and shine! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete