Tuesday 26 May 2015

Vintage Bird Cage

Hello!

Just a quick card today with a vintage style card that I made featuring a birdcage from Paperartsy which hasn't seen much ink.  I pulled it out when making my purple card yesterday and decided the sketchy style of this Paperartsy design would work better with a more vintage look:


 

I inked the image in coffee archival and then watercoloured a background using distress inks.  I added a script stamp from Kaisercraft - stamping off first to get a lighter impression.  The sentiment is from WPlus9.  It isn't my usual style of card but I like it as a variation on the card I shared yesterday.....

No challenges to link up to....I made it 'just because'!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah x


7 comments:

  1. Love your vintage bird cage, what a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I have such a hard time with vintage but you executed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to make a card 'just because' and to make a vintage card at that! The background script works really well for a vintage card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage feel of this, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so beautiful! Love that vintage feel' you created! And feels good just making something for you....or not? Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed...you do vintage as well as CAS and I think that's amazing, Sarah! I love, love the script background with your water coloring...it's the perfect combo with your gorgeous bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Sarah ... there's such a lovely sense of calm about it! Anita:)

    ReplyDelete