Thursday 25 February 2016

Another Card with Texture

Hello!

Thank goodness we are approaching the end of the week....I am feeling ready for the weekend!  However, that means I need to get my second card for this week's LIM challenge to add texture posted before the Friday deadline.



Earlier in the week I used texture paste and this time I used an embossing folder to add texture.  I don't have many but like the way it gives the white card panel a bit of a lift.  I combined it with my new MFT gerbera dies (love!) and the foliage is a Memory Box die (I think).  The sentiment is from Altenew and I added a strip of black glitter card down the side which adds a bit more texture.

I shall link up at Less Is More for a second time and at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. This really is fab. It's so fresh and colourful, and the two bits of black really pull everything together. What embosssing folder is it? I really like that texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Esther! I think it is a Crafters Companion Linen Effect embossing folder :)

      Delete
  2. That looks great, I really like the texture and the black label with the flowers.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous texture, Sarah ... such a great background for those fabulous bold blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stamping, Sarah! Love your composition and choice of colors! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did id my comment do through? If you get chance let me know, I left a comment then think it disappeared?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibrant, fun and funky Sarah, gorgeous subtle texture set against those blooms!
    Love that die ... oooh! think I have that one LOL!
    Thanks for sharing at Less is More again this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. You achieved great texture with this embossing folder, Sarah, as it gives that texture but doesn't overpower your beautiful floral piece! Gives me hope that Spring is on its was to the U.S. Thanks for sharing and good luck at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely and your pop of colour is just perfect

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sarah, love that E/F esp.....and the pretty flowers of course ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is classic and super Sarah, with fabulous texture in the backdrop!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah, goodness knows how I missed this card! Fab texture in the background and brilliant popping coloured blooms. It's absolutely gorgeous.
    Congrats on the LIM DT place, it's well deserved. Can't wait to start working with you.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dies - fab springlike creation.
    But most importantly - welcome to the team!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super textures Sarah, love the pretty colours.

    Warm congratulations on being on the Less Is More DT, it's well deserved.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete