Saturday 26 March 2016

Less Is More #269

Hello,

I hope you are having a fabulous Easter weekend and are ready to play along with our latest challenge at Less Is More :) This week we are challenging you to use polka dots!


I have used a strawberry stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps for my polka dot element and teamed it with some stripy paper.  A bit of pencil shading grounds the strawberry and that is it!

Next up I have made a very simple card which is aimed at a masculine birthday.  The patterned paper is combined with a graphic birthday sentiment from PaperTrey Ink.

 
 
Finally I have used some sweet new baby stamps from MFT.  The elephants have polka dot ears and I have stamped them in pale pink combined with grey stripy paper and hearts.
 


Polka dots work for all occasions so I hope you get dotty with us this week :)

The fabulous DT have lots of inspiration for you as always and we are joined by the lovely Kay Wallace from Art from the Main House - her blog is an absolute treasure trove of gorgeous design - definitely worth checking out!

See you again soon,

Sarah x

19 comments:

  1. cute cards, your strawberry just reminded me i have a polkadotted butterly...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect trio of dottiness Sarah! Loving that strawberry in particular and your perfect shading. Have a great Easter break and lots of fun and chocolate! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy busy! Love the bold strawberry and the second card is wonderfully CAS and masculine. Happy Easter! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a lot inspiration with all the lovely polka-dots! They are next to circkles my favo shapes, so.... Enjoy the Easterweekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely selection of cards. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three gorgeous cards! Those elephants...! So cute! Your strawberry is fab, and the masculine birthday card is really stylish - I love that colour. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great trio of polka dotted cards! My favorite is the polka dot strawberry with that strip of stripy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great inspiration here! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at that polkie-dotted strawberry, Sarah, and then you made two more cuties! I love them all!! Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love polka dots??? Gotta play in that challenge! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and Happy Easter to you, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab bunch Sarah. Love the spots and stripes combi and your oh so simple but effective sentiment is just CAS perfection.
    Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fresh and fun! All of these are fabulous! I particularly love the strawberry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic trio, Sarah. Loving that big strawberry and the dots look great with the striped edge. Super masculine card too, I do struggle to make them but this is a great design x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such super makes Sarah! That strawberry is yummy, your elephants are so sweet and you made a perfect masculine card in between.
    I'm sorry that I'm a little late visiting you but I've had wifi problems on my holiday to England.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the shout-out on your blog, Sarah! Three wonderful cards from you here, each using the polka dot theme in a unique way--perfect for each occasion. Thanks for the inspiration both here and on the LIM DT blog each week! Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  16. That stripe really gives the first card zing. No2 is great, simple and elegant. Again the stripe with the cute elephants, really makes is special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's taken me forever to get going on my comments this week Sarah... to the extent that now I have to contend with all those rubbish pictures to verify my comments!
    Your work is as exemplary as ever and I just love the style of them all!
    The middle one is fab... for such an awkward bunch of characters to make cards for too!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. All adorable cards Sarah - I particularly like the strawberry and was similarly inspired with your last card for my LIM entry this week!

    ReplyDelete