Tuesday 1 March 2016

NBUS!

Hello!

Here we are at the beginning of a new month....I always feel hopeful that spring is nearly here once we get to March (although there is a forecast of sleet and snow on the way!).  And to make it even better, the super lovely Darnell has opened another of her legendary NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenges

Here is a card made using my new Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamps:


I simply coloured the poppy in with pencils....I think my pencil colouring is gradually improving!  I combined it with a dotty stencil in pale blue as a background.  The sentiment is from WPlus9.

I will also play along for a final time at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.

I will see you over at NBUS :)


Sarah x

14 comments:

  1. A lovely card, Sarah, that poppy is such a happy flower! Love the subtle dot pattern in the background, too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the subtle stencilled background. The poppy is beautifully coloured. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Beautifully colored and I love the stencil in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, the colouring I mean; if I look outside and listen to the forecast it will take some more time to see more of these outside... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your pencil coloring is spot on, Sarah. This is such a lovely bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, the is just lovely. Not sure whether to say elegant simplicity or simple elegance! Sweet Tim has come out with some great stamps, hasn't he? Love the delicate use of your background stencil, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. The poppy and your coloring are lovely. I really like that subtle background stencil. Beautiful NBUS make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your colouring is brilliant, Sarah ... the sense of depth and dimension in this gorgeous poppy is fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous stamp and you've coloured it beautifully Sarah, love the subtle background too. Many congratulations on your new DT role at Less is More. From Sandra, another Yorkshire Lass :) X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sarah, well done on the DT place over at 'LIM' too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poppy is sensational, Sarah, and this card was a lesson for me! I would prolly leave my background white and been fine, but I can see by your example how much more interest that light background adds to your card. Aha! Thank you! And thank you for your sweet words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, This is so pretty! Love that light stenciling and those gorgeous colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the CAS style and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coloring is fabulous! Love the shading and color variation!

    ReplyDelete