Saturday 4 June 2016

Honey I Shrunk the Kit!

Hello!

It is time for the Honeys to share what we have made with the latest mini kit from our little Honey I Shrunk the Kit club. 



I am so lucky to be part of this club with such fab CAS card makers and blog friends as Sandie from London Days, Hazel from Hazel's Paper Designs, Sarah from Sazzle Dazzle Crafts and Shona from Twine Around.  We take it in turns to come up with a mini package of stamped images, patterned papers and embellishments and this month's awesome travel themed kit was put together by the lovely Sandie!  She packed a whole lot of inspiration in to this kit and I had so much fun with it that I made 5 cards :)

Here goes.....

 
I inked round the fab panel with place names and dusted some perfect pearls round the edges combined with the strip of glitter tape that came with the kit and the fun sentiment.  I added a die cut skyline to compliment the sentiment along with a few wooden embellishments coloured in black.


This card is in honour of our lovely Sandie with the underground map paper in a polaroid die cut frame combined with a traditional red bus. 


Sandie included a fab globe die cut in the kit which I absolutely loved so I cut it in half to make 2 cards!  I combined this half with an inked stencil and some other embellishments.


I have gone with a Parisian theme for this card using the lovely Eiffel tower die cut and stamped skyline from the kit.

And finally if you are still there.....


I used the other half of the globe die cut, coloured it black and used it for a space themed card with a little rocket ship.

As you can see, I was very inspired by this fun kit - thank you, Sandie.  It worked so well with bits of my stash and I still have elements left over!

Do head over to Sandie, Hazel, Shona and Sarah's blogs to see what they have made. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x
















5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, Sarah! I LOVE your composition for all of these, each with its own elegant colour palette! I love that you halved that awesome globe die and used it in completely different contexts too! Clever! This was such an awesome kit. Despite making 6 cards, I too have bits left over that I could happily make another couple of cards with. Had to stop myself...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swooning again Sarah! Fantastic use of this kit and you've accented everything so elegantly. Can't pick a favourite as each one is a stunner. Beautifully CAS and brilliant. What a perfect and fun kit to work with although now I've seen some CAS beauties amongst the Honeys I'm wondering why I struggled to keep em' clean and simple! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. superb Sarah. I adore how you used the DSP in the photo frames, what a cool idea! And what a great idea for the globe...that globe die I bought especially for the kit then didn't know what to do with it! Love the extra touches you added with the aeroplane and hearts etc, so pleased you got to use the stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW! Fabulous cards, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sarah, I'm just blown away with how you (and the girls) have used Sandie's kit, I wish I had been able to give it a bit more thought. Totally my fault for leaving things to the last minute. Love how you cut the globe in half, such a genius idea and your skyline card looks so cool with the layering behind it. It was an amazing kit and I'm so looking forward to seeing what the next one brings.....

    ReplyDelete