Saturday 3 September 2016

Less is More #292

Hello!

Time to start our weekend with another fun challenge from Less is More :)  This week is a colour challenge and the colour combo that we are looking for is Peacock Feathers.  I love rich peacock feather colours - the teals and purples make such vibrant combinations.  I made a few cards:

First I went with quite a literal interpretation with a Penny Black peacock feathers stamp which I inked up in Peacock Feathers (!), Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint distress inks.  I spritzed with water before stamping.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

 
I went with quite a graphic design on my second card with a pattern stamp from Papertrey Ink which I overlapped.

 
The next card is also using Papertrey Ink.  I thought the doodle flowers and leaves had a peacock type look (not sure what I mean) and I coloured them in pencil to try and get the vibrant colour combo.

 
I hope you like my peacock colours and visit Less is More to see what else the fabulous DT have come up with to inspire you.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. Super stunning and CAS delightful as ever Sarah. Your colouring with the pencils is so professional on that 3rd one and I know exactly what you mean about the images having a 'peacock feather' look to them. Love them all and can't pick a favourite. Have a good week and hope you're all organised for the 'back to school' fun!!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Lim cards great colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beauties here Sarah and they all have a fantastic contemporary feel about them. You have some gorgeous stamps in your stash (feeling some stamp envy over here!) Great layouts on all three cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous, and such lovely use of peacock feather colours! You do such a great job of keeping cards CAS while adding so much interest and depth. Fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous trio, Sarah ... the delicacy of the peacock feathers is delicious ... love the cool, graphic style of the second ... and those Doodlie Do blooms ... fantastic, such brilliant, vibrant colour! Lovely to have you come by ... thanks so much for your sweet words! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 great cards using colors of peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do get what you mean with the peacock look of the stamps used on your last card, I think it's the leaves, they do have the resemblance of a peacock feather. Three very different cards, all beautiful in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the OLC Queen, Sarah, and it's not even one layer week! I really can't choose a fave here, they are all awesome. Great peacock colours and your pencil colouring looks fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete