Saturday 17 September 2016

Less Is More #294

Hello!

This week at Less is More our theme is Diamonds...my first thought was to go with diamonds of the jewel variety:

 
I used my MFT gem dies to cut the aperture and the facet outlines in silver glitter paper.  I created a shaker aperture with clear and white sequins.  The stamp is by Avery Elle.  A strip of glitter tape completes the design.

I will link this card up to Simon Says Wednesday challenge where the theme is clean and simple!

The other approach that I took was to use diamond shapes and stencils:

 
I created a square aperture and stamped a distressed diamond background through it before stamping a poppy head from Lavinia Stamps and sentiment from Stamplorations. 
 

 
I created a soft background by inking through a diamond stencil and then stamped Altenew's Beautiful Day flower over the top.
 
I look forward to seeing what you make with our theme this week.  The rest of the DT have lots more inspiration to share with you over at Less is More :)
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards this week Sarah. Your stencilling is superbly delicate, especially on the last card, but that incredibly bling-y diamond on your first is a stunner! Love your sentiments too.
    Have a fab week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shaker - awesomely bling, and very eye catching! The stencilled cards are great. The diamonds really set off the top stamping perfectly. Fab cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fab cards, hard to pick a fav. I think the last one just has it for me, an inspired design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. The shaker diamond really wow'ed me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. The shaker diamond really wow'ed me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stenciled backgrounds with the black outline flowers, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three beauties, but your first card steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such classy cards here Sarah, love the first one esp. all the sparkle I think got me.So sorry I am late commenting,lots going on ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful cards ! So neat ! I love the diamond one, what a clever idea to make a shaker card with it ! Thanks for sharing.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just knew you'd excel at this one Sarah and love all of these and your different interpretations of diamond! Perfect CAS and gorgeous cards. Oh is that the Altenew Beautiful Day set I see you've treated yourself too??? Someone else just had to have that the other week too LOL! Have a great week. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning trio of creative inspiration Sarah! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...love that diamond shaker. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all 3 are very pretty cards :) Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards! The shaker is gorgeous and the inked cards beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really struggled with this one, Sarah, but you did a fabulous job. I love that first one, the font is lovely and the silver strip just belongs there. And your delicate stencilling on the last card is so pretty with the uncoloured floral image. Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete