Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year

Hello!

I am just popping in to wish you a very happy new year :)  I hope that you have had a fabulous festive season with family and friends and are looking forward to a positive year ahead!  I don't usually make new year cards but felt the urge this year.....


I inked through a sunburst stencil from Clarity Stamps and stamped a sentiment from WPlus9 over the top.  The top layer is popped up over a strip of gold glitter tape and grounded with a thin strip of black card.

A simple and CAS card from me which is my default style.  However, I am going to stretch my creative boundaries this year by trying my hand at some mixed media.  My lovely hubby has paid for me to do the year long Wanderlust class and I am really looking forward to trying out different techniques and styles of creating.  I have been dabbling in an art journal over the course of this year and have found it to be a really effective way to relax and 'have a go'....I shall share a few of my early attempts with you shortly.  I am hoping that the Wanderlust class will give me more inspiration and the courage to step out of my CAS comfort zone :)  Are you planning on trying something different this year?

I shall link my card out at the Time Out Challenge which has a lovely word inspiration this week -

'With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning'

and at Simon's Monday Challenge where it is Party Time!  You can't beat New Year's Eve for a party (although we are having a quiet night in this year.....).  I will also link up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge for a second time where Anything Goes.

I hope the New Year brings you everything that you hope for,

Sarah x

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card, the CAS design is superb and I love the way you popped it up over the glitter. Happy New Year and great to see you wanting to stretch your creativity....what is a wanderlust class? Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CAS card is absolutely beautiful! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Sarah! I love the beautiful sunburst and how it adds so much dimension to your card!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarah, I love the CAS design, absolutely fabulous :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Happy New Year! 🍾
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Sarah ... stylish and vibrant with a wonderful touch of glitz ... just downright happy! Hope your 2017 is equally happy! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete