Tuesday 15 May 2018

Mermaids

Hello!

The lovely Ruth from Crafting While the Baby Naps has recently been making cards featuring lots of sweet mermaids and that got me thinking about making a mermaid stencil....

Here is what I came up with:


I inked a panel in blue distress inks and then inked over the panel with my Messy Dots stencil in the same colours.  Then I inked through my pearl seeking mermaid silhouette with black ink before embossing over the top with clear holographic embossing powder to add some shimmer.  I simply stamped an old sentiment from Hero Arts along the edge of the panel.  I shall link my card up at Simon's Monday Challenge which is to use a stencil.


I inked through my sitting mermaid in distress oxides before using the mask and inking round her with the messy dots.  Whilst the mask was in place I drew in the detail around her arms with a white paint pen. 

 I hope you like these designs.  The stencils are available in my Folksy store:

  

Thanks for stopping by today!

Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Sarah ! These two mermaids are so beautiful and I love the bubbles stencil too. Your first design is so striking, we really feel the mouvement down the depths of the sea. Fabulous showcase of these new stencils. By the way the Folksy Store link you put in this post is not correct, it brings us to the Uniko Studio Blogger page. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stencils are really great. I love them both as well as the scenes you have created. Great colors, too. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mermaids are all the rage and you've created two great images for your stencil, Sarah. The inking is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete