Monday 23 April 2018

Flying By

Hello!

I have been eyeing up the lovely tropical leaf and parrot stamp set from Altenew for ages and decided to get it last week whilst we were having a brief spell of warm weather :)  I thought the parrot would go well with my Forest Foliage stencil and this is what I made with them:


I simply stamped and masked the parrot before inking the foliage stencil through a circle mask and lightly inked round the edge to give the circle soft definition.  I coloured the parrot with spectrum noir pencils and added an Altenew sentiment from the iris set.  I have been so busy playing with stencils that it is ages since I coloured anything in with pencils....it took me ages to unearth them from under a load of other crafty supplies!  I shall link up at Less is More where the theme is Bring it Back and at Seize the Birthday where the theme is vibrant colours.

I hope you like my tropical design :)  The stencil is available in my Folksy store.

Thanks for stopping by,

Sarah x






6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and striking card, Sarah! The stencil is the perfect match for that parrot. I’m sure your long neglected pencils were happy to be back in action. Your coloring is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your card is certainly an amazing design, Sarah! I just love the layout and coloring of this beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the gorgeous colours and clever design. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors on the bird are gorgeous, Sarah, and he looks right at home among the stenciled leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring Sarah! You've really captured the vibrancy of parrots and the image looks awesome with your stencil. So glad you found those pencils. Thanks for popping this one in to us at Less is More too xx

    ReplyDelete